College essentials for your dorm/college experience

 


Moving into a dorm in the fall and have no idea what to bring? Here are some suggested items I was told to bring when I was a freshmen that helped me a lot:

  1. Under-the-bed storage containers
  2. Small fridge; to keep some light snacks and drinks when the campus cafeteria doesn't cut it.
  3. Dry erase board
  4. A fan; your dorm AC WILL go out. It sucks.
  5. Foam mattress topper (dorm beds are not all that great)
  6. Microwavable bowls and tupperware
  7. Umbrella and rainboots
  8. Disposable plates and bowls
  9. Microwave
  10. Quarters (For laundry)
  11. Portable charger
  12. Power strip with surge protectors
  13. Broom/Swiffer
  14. Command Hooks
  15. Flip flops or shower shoes for community bathrooms
  16. Rug or bathmats
  17. Dehumidifier

And the list goes on. But those things definitely helped me a lot! Let me know if you have any other suggestions.  

Comments