I Am No Longer A Brace-Face

    After numerous orthodontist appointments that I left in tears from the pain of rubber bands and braces, I no longer have to go through that. Yesterday they removed my braces after over three years of enduring them. It was not easy let me just tell you.
    Just to give you an idea of how this whole ordeal went down, I'll start from the beginning of my braces journey. My mother found a Groupon for a place about 30 minutes away that offered a discount on braces that could apply to all four of us. We go down there, and they tell us that with our double dental insurance at the time, the braces would be free. So naturally, my mom was sold on the idea of all of us having braces. Shortly after getting them on, the leader of the dental office was murdered by her husband. The practice was taken over by someone else, but they still honored our deal. Then about a year later my own mother passed away, both of these events causing their own complications in the process. All of my siblings had their braces on for different amounts of time until eventually I was the only one left with them. Time was ticking and I was itching to get them off.
   I walked in there yesterday with no idea I would be getting them off. I was very lazy on wearing the rubber bands I was supposed to use, so I assumed the worst. Thankfully, they still let me get the braces removed anyway. The smell of burning glue up my nostrils was nothing but unpleasant, and the retainer fitting process was kind of gross, yet I knew that I was so happy to not have to deal with those metal things in my mouth anymore. Even now as I type this I find it hard to realize all the foods I can now eat again, and my teeth are no longer restrained. I am so happy. My teeth at least appear straight for now and I don't have to worry about a retainer until I pick it up on Tuesday.

Love always,
Allison


Comments