A Long School Week

    School as of lately seems to be a vicious cycle of stress and anxiety, and this week was no exception. With math tests, yearbook deadlines, the never-ending pile of homework, and much more, it's been hard to find moments to relax. but thankfully there were some happy moments along the way.

    Tuesday we didn't have school since it was Super Tuesday in my state. I got to relax, sleep in, and also catch up on my school work. I worked on updating my YouTube channel, DeviantArt, etc. Later in the day I went to a monthly event my church does called Room In The Inn. We feed the homeless a warm meal while also providing showers, a place to get a haircut, watch TV, get new clothes, sleep, all the essential things. I get there around 4:30 with my brother Justin, since both my dad and sister went to the Predators game that night. We were some of the first people to get there, so we haul the mattresses from the closet to their designated area. I helped put sheets on the mattresses, as well as put a pillow on top of it. After that was done, more people started to flood in and more work had to be done. We stocked the bathrooms with toiletries for the guests, found the utensils for us to use, and moved tables to make room for people to walk in between the tables and beds. Once most everything had been done, Maria allowed us to go hang out in the youth wing. I stayed up there for a bit before I went down to the kitchen to see who was down there. My brother was down there talking to Hallie, Reynolds, and Baker. I don't know, just something about being around them seemed like a stress reliever. Well, in general, just being at church was a stress reliever. All the guests started to arrive, and all the youth went to their "battle stations" behind the serving table. Luckily, I forfeited my job of serving corn to another lucky individual, so I just politely sat down at one of the tables, waiting for everyone else to go through the line first. Rather than going into fuller detail, I'll just say it was a great night and it's always wonderful to be surrounded by friends who are willing to serve others.

    Not much really happened on Wednesday, but on Thursday morning we took a math test. Which, if you know me, MATH IS NOT MY LIFESTYLE. I'm sometimes good at it, but it takes me a while to understand it. I thought I knew the material pretty well after reviewing the material both Tuesday and Wednesday, but there were still concepts I had no clue about. I turned around to my teacher when I had like 7 problems left and asked her how much time we had left in class: she said 5 minutes. I panicked, but luckily I was able to come back 4th block and finish it. Meanwhile, the Prom Fashion Show was Thursday night! I had never been before, but I had heard great things about it. Plus, many of my friends were in it. My aunt picked up my sister and I so we could make it. I was one of the first people in line (thankfully) so I sat in the front row in order to ensure some great pictures for the yearbook. It lasted about an hour and a half, filled with way to many door prizes, but some great dance routines that showcased beautiful dresses and nice tuxes. By the time I got home and uploaded my numerous photos it was like 11:30, so that was a GREAT thing to do on a school night.

    Friday was an event within itself. Friday morning I was informed out of the blue that Girl Scout cookie money was due. My dad was supposed to write two checks for both my sister and I, but they wanted it in the morning. There was no way I could pull that off, because my dad was at work and wouldn't be back home until like 6:30. They said they would come get it later. While at school that day, I had two photography assignments: one I knew about and one I didn't. Mrs. Turner, the yearbook teacher, told me a day prior that the baseball team would be receiving some sort of "grant" in the BNN room and I had to be there to take pictures. She didn't know whether or not I was supposed to be there at 8:30 or 9:00, so she told me to go ask Ms. Nic on Friday morning. When I asked her which time it was, she told me the baseball thing was at 8:30, while Nikki's soccer signing was at 9:00 (I didn't even know about it until she told me). I just hung out in the BNN room until the baseball official representatives showed up as well as Mr. Brown. One of the coaches was wearing a green shirt as they stood in front of a green screen; I found that immensely entertaining. That concluded quickly, allowing me enough time to go upstairs to the library to take pictures for the signing. I had never been to a signing before. I didn't know how quickly the signing actually happened! Plus, I didn't realize my camera was on the brink of death after the Prom Fashion Show. It felt like I was the driver of the struggle bus that day. Nikki just pretended to sign the paper again in order for me to get a candid shot of her. The rest of the day was less action-packed and surprisingly, math actually made sense.

    After school was what made my week 347% better. Firstly, they told me not to stress about the checks and that they'd take care of it later. Also, every Friday (normally) we have our Senior High Girl's bible study. This Friday we met at IHOP and can I get an AMEN because I had barely ate all day. You know when your parents don't go to store and you just throw an assortment of snack foods into your lunchbox and call it a day? Well, that was me almost all week. It was Hallie, Laurel, Keri, and I. Devoting time to fellowship with friends and just have a good time is always a plus. Afterwards, we went to a whole lot of other places, but that's for another blog post.

    Anyway, I guess that's all my brain's got to see. It's nice when things actually aren't stressful in your life. Thanks to those who help me take a chill pill when I need it.

Love always,
Allison

Comments