How A Day Can Go From Boring to Bruised

    Yesterday, Saturday, was the first day of spring break for my school system. Unlike most of my state I am stuck at home for the next week. Many of my friends are in San Antonio for a choir trip. I thought for sure that I wouldn't bet doing much that day, since I woke up at about 10 a.m. anyway. I worked on some Yearbook spreads, ate some pizza until I received a text from one of my neighbor's friends inviting Hallie, Keri, and I over to her house to hang out with her kids. And the kicker was: they even had cookies! It was around 5:30 by the time I got over there.
    I played a couple rounds of Just Dance with Laura, Caroline, and Annie before we went outside to go play games. We were going to play HORSE (well actually, KANGAROO), but we all got too distracted after a couple rounds to even do it correctly. We moved on to hide and go seek, and then jailbreak. During jailbreak I hid behind one bush for what felt like forever. I only retreated from my hiding spot to be captured, and the game ended shortly afterwards once Jeremy fell down the hill near their house when he was being chased by Laura. We all ran down to make sure he was okay, which thankfully he was. He ended up only getting a little bit of nature in his eyes. Parker showed us where this "bunker" like thing was in the woods and also some of the old forts him and his friends built for air-soft. We took some very odd pictures lying on the ground outside of his house, with me, Laura, Caroline, Jimmy, Jeremy, Parker, Annie, and Hallie. People started going home after that, but we mainly watched a little Netflix and talked together and hung out.
    That might not sound very eventful, but for someone like me who does very little to nothing on a normal basis, it was thrilling. I love getting to hang out with my friends, especially my friends from church, because I know I can trust them and they will listen to me. Trent and Julie are also really cool parents, too, so. Anyway, until next time!

Love always,
Allison

Comments