What Is Summer?

   I've been on summer break for almost a month, and it wasn't until recently that I really felt like I was experiencing summer to its fullest extent. So what does summer feel like to me? you might ask.

   To me, summer is sitting in a tube in on the "lazy river" in an amusement park in a different trip when your friend spontaneously invited you to come with them.
   Summer is sleeping in and waking up feeling like anything is possible, because you're not set back by your schoolwork load.
   Summer is spending time with your friends and people you love.
   Summer is going from profusely sweating to shivering after jumping into a pool.
   It's walking quickly across the blacktop when you're barefoot.
   It's seeing fireflies start to come out and light up the summer sky.
   It's laughter, and a radio turned up high.
   It's mission trips, VBS, and not knowing what's coming next.
   It's planning for next school year because you can't contain your excitement.
   It's senior pictures.
   It's going to Sounds games with the family.
 
   It's bliss. Summer is peace. I'm so thankful for it.

Comments